I am human. I am creative and opinionated. I have faults and a weakness of character. I have strengths and a moral center that is rooted in kindness and openness. I strive not to hate. I want to love forever.
I am a citizen of our world. I believe positive-sum gains can be realized for everyone and everything. I need not tear anyone or anything down to improve my station. The path may be harder, but it is more rewarding.
For fun I…
- Read: Science Fiction, Historical non-fiction, Science non-fiction and Fantasy for the most part. I will read just about anything. Want proof? I have read Title 29 of the Code of Federal Regulations, sections 1600-1699: the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission laws.
- Hike: This includes Geocaching along with walking on trails. I am a member of the Buckeye Trail Association (BTA), the North Country National Scenic Trail Association (NCT), the American Discovery Trail Society (ADT) and the Rails To Trails Conservancy (R2T). I help build hiking trails for the BTA, NCT and ADT. My father and I have adopted and maintain the section of the Buckeye Trail between US35 and Old US35 near Scioto Trail in south central Ohio. I want to expose my grandchildren to the joys of a fresh and verdant world, one hiking trail, picnic and scenic overlook at a time.
- Garden and do yard work: Sometimes it is peaceful. It always keeps the arthritis at bay.
- Sleep in front of the TV. Actually, I am an auto racing fan. Lately I only see the beginning and end of a race.
- Write: I did this a lot as a kid. I am going to give writing Science Fiction and Fantasy a serious try again. I am published. If interested I can provide a list of very tedious software documentation and training manuals that can be had from the Department of Veterans Affairs via a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request.
- Collect things: For example I am working on collecting examples of all of the books by Isaac Asimov.
- Trace My Family History: This is more than just Genealogy. I want to know more than just who my ancestors are. I also what to know what they did, and why.
- Act: Community Theater for charities.
For a living I…
Earn a paycheck; it pays the bills. It use to be fun writing software, but lately the crazy bureaucrats have taken over. I now spend more time on useless paperwork than I do programming. I have been asked to write a paper on how much time I waste on useless paperwork. I think it was a brush-off.
I have started participating in a meme. 101 Things to do in 1001 Days.